Regional Sales Manager, Sacramento
This position is filled (4/15/2021)
Position Summary / Objective
The Regional Sales Manager will be the primary role in the acquisition of new business and retention of existing business. The primary objective of this role is to develop and maintain customer relationships and quote projects to generate company revenue against annual targets while maintaining certain expected levels of profitability to the business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Below are the primary and essential functions for this role and an estimated time spent. These are not meant to be inclusive of all activities required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as this role evolves with or without advanced notice.
- 50% – Develop new business and maintaining existing business including but not limited to research on builder’s exchange forums, municipality sites and/or building relationships with new and existing customers.
- 20% – Manage jobsites for large pours where appropriate to ensure quality service by overseeing truck demand/spacing at the job as well as working with drivers and on-site inspectors to ensure product quality and product specifications are followed/enforced.
- 20% – Prepare, review and submit quotes and related purchase orders and contracts for various types of construction projects.
- 10% Lead or support the business when claims arise from product quality concerns, property damage, billing issues, etc. where interaction with a customer/homeowner is required.
- 3-5 years concrete/construction experience including the following skills:
- Identify and adjust concrete slumps on a jobsite
- Ability to troubleshoot jobsite issues during or after a pour (i.e. cracking, color issues, etc.)
- Ability to converse and influence a jobsite inspector to avoid unwarranted material rejections to ensure a successful outcome on a project
- Excellent social, communication and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to interact with customers on a broad scale both from a customer service standpoint and to defend Folsom Ready Mix when warranted should jobsite issues arise.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office products and ability to learn new software and tools quickly
- Strong teamwork, communication and organization/time management skills to balance the daily workload of multiple quotes, projects, and jobsites in operation that occur simultaneously.
- Results Driven and competitive to ensure a continued winning culture while balancing customer satisfaction.
Specific Goals Related to Responsibilities:
- ACI Certification (current or past)
- Various Sales Training including but not limited to customer service, negotiation, and marketing.
- Ongoing training for Command Concrete software solution, MS Office, and other ancillary software tools.
- Achievement of annual sales targets including but not limited to yardage goals, revenue goals and average selling price.
Approximately 70% of this role is in the field on job sites with some lifting of objects in and around construction sites. At times this includes the delivery and carrying of buckets of materials, moving concrete chutes, shoveling spills and the like that can well exceed 10 lbs. The remainder of the role is sedentary within the office working through paperwork related to quotes, new business/projects, etc.
This is a salaried position that will occasionally be required to work Saturday’s or longer hours in support of ongoing projects during seasonally busy months ranging from approximately April through October.
Not hiring this job in Roseville
Not Hiring for this job in Anderson