Position Summary / Objective
The Financial Analyst will have span of control over two primary areas. The primary objective of this role is to ensure consistency and accuracy for various reports and data analysis required by the business including but not limited to payroll, finance, sales and operations. Second, this role will also act as the primary liaison between our IT suppliers, 3rd party IT Support and various other aspects of IT as it relates to the business operations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Below are the primary and essential functions for this role and an estimated time spent. These are not meant to be comprehensive of all activities required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time as this role evolves with or without advanced notice.
- 20% – Generate weekly AB219 payroll queries and excel uploads for Emplicity/Payroll to calculate applicable hours on Prevailing wage jobs and breakouts between regular, OT and DT hours for purposes of applying correct rates and calculating weighted average overtime.
- 20% – Assist accounting with the generation of reports to upload payroll data into LCP tracker for purposes of generating certified payroll reports for our customers and the DIR.
- 10% – Weekly reports including but not limited to weekly hours reports, weekly cash position, on-time delivery, sales backlog/forecasts, and timesheet punch comparisons.
- 5% – Assist with month-end closing procedures as needed.
- 10% – Complete ad-hoc project post audits to ensure pricing is adequate and validate assumptions used during the sales bid process.
- 10% to 20% – Follow up on any pending IT issues including but not limited to Command, Emplicity, Track-It, Truck Tablets, Employee phones/radios, etc. and assist with any internal computer issues where possible. In addition assist with hardware refresh and other IT projects to meet the needs of the business.
- 10% to 20% – Assist with ancillary projects including but not limited to year-end reviews and tax preparation, Invoice and Material receipt indexing, ad-hoc IT projects (i.e. software implementations/upgrades, etc.) payroll and accounting projects as needed.
- BS in Business with focus in Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems and/or Accounting preferred
- 2 year’s experience in a reporting and/or finance function
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Access and MS Excel, and ability to learn new software solutions quickly
- High attention to detail and analytical skills required
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
Specific Goals Related to Responsibilities:
- Prevailing Wage / AB219 training / certification
- Ongoing training for Command Concrete software, Emplicity Management self service portal and Microsoft Office solutions.
Approximately 50% of this role is primarily sedentary with some filing, lifting of boxes and IT equipment in and around the office as required. The balance of this role may involve visits to plant locations for installation and/or troubleshooting of IT equipment that requires the employee to be in adequate physical shape to perform such duties.
The expected hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day. This position may be required during busy months ranging from approximately April through October to work on non-operating days in support of any IT projects requiring testing and or updates during non-business hours.
If you meet the above requirements we want to interview you. Please feel free to submit your
resume to this post or come down and fill out an application. We offer great medical, dental and
vision benefits, paid holidays and sick days. We offer vacation, 401(k) with company match and
monthly employee BBQ’s, just to name a few of our employee fun perks.
NOT Open in Roseville
Not Open in Anderson