Position Summary / Objective
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Below are the primary and essential functions for this role and an estimated time spent. These are not meant to be comprehensive of all activities required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as this role evolves with or without advanced notice.
- 10% – Generate new customer accounts in Command Series (Concrete Management system) upon receipt of new customer credit applications. In addition, work with management to obtain credit reports and establish credit terms for each new customer and issue welcome letters communicating these details.
- 50% – Obtain all required information to properly setup and/or alter projects for customers in Command Series based on the needs of the customer as communicated through sales, customer orders and/or submittal requests.
- 10% – Generate monthly imports and assist the credit department with monthly lien releases for all FRM projects
- 15% – Daily review of preliminary invoice reports to ensure orders are on correct projects and priced correctly for FRM customer base.
- 5% – Generate daily overtime reports for management to monitor employee hours and yards per man hour for FRM
- 5-10% – Ad hoc projects and tasks in support of the business.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel, and ability to learn new software solutions quickly
- High attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- BS in Business with focus in Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems and/or accounting preferred
- Construction Industry Experience a plus
Specific Goals Related to Responsibilities
- Prevailing Wage / AB219 training / certification
- California Lien Law training
Ongoing training for Command Concrete software, On-Base Document Management System and Microsoft Office solutions
Approximately 90% of this role is primarily sedentary with some filing, lifting of boxes and IT equipment in and around the office as required. The balance of this role may involve visits to customer offices and jobsites with Regional Sales Managers on an ad hoc basis.
The expected hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day. This position may be required during busy months ranging from approximately April through October to work in excess of 8 hours per day to help meet prevailing wage deadlines and/or cater to customer needs. In addition, time off requests may be limited during seasonally busy times of the year to ensure department duties can still be covered.