Position Summary / Objective
This position’s primary objective is to ensure consistency and accuracy of information for new customer setups, pricing, related projects and lien releases for projects related to Silver Strike Concrete (FRM’s sister company). Secondarily, this role will also have the responsibility for creating and entering of prevailing wage certified payrolls for Folsom Ready Mix Inc. (FRM). Lastly, this position will also have responsibilities over developing and maintaining operational reports and KPI’s for management to utilize in the day-to-day decision making for the business.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Below are the primary and essential functions for this role and an estimated time spent. These are not meant to be comprehensive of all activities required of the employee for this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time as this role evolves with or without advanced notice.
- 10% – Generate new customer accounts in Command Series (Concrete Management system) upon receipt of new customer credit applications. In addition, work with management to obtain credit reports and establish credit terms for each new customer and issue welcome letters communicating these details.
- 35% – Obtain all required information to properly setup and/or alter projects for customers in Command Series based on the needs of the customer as communicated through sales, customer orders and/or submittal requests.
- 25% – Entry of prevailing wage certified payroll information into LCP Tracker
- 10% – Generate monthly imports and assist the credit department with monthly lien releases for all SSC projects
- 10% – Daily review of preliminary invoice reports to ensure orders are on correct projects and priced correctly for SSC customer base.
- 15% – Develop and maintain operational reports and reports on key performance indicators (KPI’s) for management to monitor the health of the business
- BS in Business with focus in Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems or accounting preferred
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel, and ability to learn new software solutions quickly
- Background and experience with querying large datasets and preparation of reports / summaries utilizing MS Access, PowerBI or some similar querying/reporting software tool.
- High attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be exposed to and keep personnel information confidential
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Construction Industry Experience a plus
Specific Goals Related to Responsibilities
- Prevailing Wage / AB219 training / certification
- California Lien Law training
- Ongoing training for Command Concrete software, On-Base Document Management System and Microsoft Office solutions (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access & PowerBI)
- Training on
Approximately 90% of this role is primarily sedentary with some filing, lifting of boxes and IT equipment in and around the office as required. The balance of this role may involve visits to customer offices and jobsites with Regional Sales Managers on an ad hoc basis.
The expected hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8 hours a day. This position may be required during busy months ranging from approximately April through October to work in excess of 8 hours per day to help meet prevailing wage deadlines and/or cater to customer needs. In addition, time off requests may be limited during seasonally busy times of the year to ensure department duties can still be covered.