Ready Mix Driver
Mixer driver is responsible for loading and delivery of ready mix concrete and associated products in a safe and efficient manner to construction job sites within a 100 mile radius of the plant. The driver may be called upon to work extensive overtime as weather and business conditions warrant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities contained herein describe the scope of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
Drivers may perform other duties as assigned including working in other areas.
- Delivery of ready mixed concrete products: frequently lifts, carries and attaches onto flop chute extension chutes weighing 40 lbs.
- Vehicle maintenance: performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle safety inspection. Reports vehicle condition at the beginning and end of each shift with completion of inspection reports required daily.
- Checks all vehicle fluid levels daily and adds fluids if necessary.
- Accurately completes time cards.
- May occasionally drive other types of vehicles such as pneumatic and bottom dumps (if qualified).
- Climbs ladder to rinse hopper and check the slump of the load multiple times daily.
- Required to keep his/her vehicle clean inside the cab, inside the drum, and the exterior of the vehicle using proper wash down procedures. Keeps outside of vehicle free of concrete build-up using corrosives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested, including buy not limited to sweeping, shoveling, and assisting other departments.
- Must follow company policies and procedures and supervisor’s instructions.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Must be able to report to work at the schedule time.
- Must be able to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and be conscientious about assignments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent defensive driving skills,
- Must possess superior customer service skills, including ability to communicate effectively with customers, management and other team members.
- Ability to clean all areas on vehicle, climb ladder to inspect loads of ready mixed concrete and hang chutes on vehicle.
- Must be able to take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors and management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to perform simple math, such as addition and subtraction.
- Must be able to pass a Federal Department of Transportation drug/alcohol screen and physical.
- Must be a self-starter that is organized and has the ability to follow through on job assignments.
- Must have sufficient job knowledge; know delivery areas, knowledge of concrete and related products, and attention to detail.
- Must have ability to read and interpret road maps.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Must qualify under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with no major violations (i.e. DUI, Reckless driving, excessive speeding, or hit and run) in the last five years.
- Read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals, to respond to official inquires, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle by experience or training.
- Must be physically qualified to drive a motor vehicle.
- Must hold a valid California commercial drivers license, Class A or B with a tanker endorsement.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and b subject to random drug testing in accordance with Employer’s and Federal testing requirements.
- Must possess a valid DOT medical card and be able to pass DOT physical examinations.
- Must complete an application form.
- Must be able to pass company’s training program in its entirety, including road test.
- One or more year’s experience as a commercial truck driver required; ready mix experience desired.
- High School diploma or GED desired.
- Drivers work outdoors the majority of the time. Weather conditions such as temperatures, moisture and other conditions have a significant impact on the job. Therefore, drivers must tolerate, with or without reasonable accommodation, being frequently exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Job sites vary greatly due to weather and location conditions and the driver must be able to tolerate varied work conditions. The ground is usually very uneven, muddy and icy.
- There are high noise levels associated with this job. These may be caused by the truck, other construction equipment and job site noise. The driver must be able to tolerate, with or without reasonable accommodation intermittent exposure to noise and other aggravating conditions at or around the operating sites. The driver must wear appropriate personal protective equipment where required.
- There may be physical hazards that endanger life, health, or bodily injury as proximity to moving mechanical parts, falls, environmental conditions, moving equipment and other hazards.
- There is also exposure to potentially hazardous materials and other substances. • This position requires prolonged sitting and driving.
- The driver frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The driver occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.